Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Data recovery – deleted items in trash

Hey everyone,

painful situtation here – data loss. Because I was running out of capacity on my Macintosh HD I have bought new Transcend Jetdrive Lite 130 and I was up to move some files (including photos, videos, presentations and documents...) to new external storage. I have done most of it successfully excluding one very important ''folder'' (will explain).

I have got someone else's files on Mac HD sorted in different folders and I have decided to add a mark on that (red, green, blue, etc.) to see them together quickly. I don't know what happed, but I accidentally deleted these marked files (''red'') before moving them to Jetdrive HD. Immeditely in a desperate situation I've downloaded lot of useless software for data revovery and begun to scan drives for data, but can't find them yet. It ended up in trash, which I emptied out after.

Anyway, I hope that files can be found, but it will be long journey. Then I've got idea, that "red" mark on files can be clue how to get to files or at least to thier place on HD. Is it accurate assumption, or have I made it up? I would be very grateful to everyone who can respond in this. I add a screenshot for illustration, if my formulation is not clear.

User uploaded file

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Oct 16, 2015 2:19 AM

1 reply

Data recovery – deleted items in trash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.