Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6S Plus Wifi won't stay connected

I noticed yesterday that my iPhone 6S Plus wasn't connected to the Wifi at my home. My Wifi is on an Apple Airport Time Capsule with Version 7.7.3. My iPhone is running iOS 9.0.2. I tried resetting the network settings on the iPhone yesterday but it's still having this issue. Wifi is turned on, and when I go into the Wifi settings it shows my network, but it just doesn't automatically connect. If I tap on the network name, it does connect again until it goes to sleep. When it wakes up, it won't automatically reconnect. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help you can give me with this.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 16, 2015 7:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2015 8:06 AM

Maybe this will help you:

Go to -> Settings

-> Cellular

-> Scroll down to Wi-Fi Assist and turn it off

This makes the iPhone disconnect form Wi-Fi when the connection is poor and automatically uses cellular data. Let me know if it helped you?

5 replies

Dec 27, 2015 9:06 AM in response to shboby

Both my iPhone 6s and my daughters phone also a 6s is continuously dropping off our home wifi. This after all other apple devices remain connected and we are using an Airport hub. This situation has got worse since 9.2 was downloaded onto our phones. Really irritating to say the least!

Please have a look at this problem Apple.

Feb 6, 2016 8:36 AM in response to Cuba757

Same issue. Several complaints regarding this since inception and so far no real response from Apple. Just get the same reset advice which does nothing other than inconvenience the user. Other Apple devices staying connected while 6s+ drops over and over again. This is a phone problem. Every software upgrade I hold my breath it's fixed this problem but nope. Hardware issue??? Currently iOS 9.2.1

iPhone 6S Plus Wifi won't stay connected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.