Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to install an os on my mini using a flash stick? Thanks

incalled the Apple Store to see about getting an OS disc but they said I needed to bring it in. I'm miles away from an Apple Store . Can I get an Os installed from a flash drive somehow or can some one tell me from my serial number what. OS I need ? I purchased it from a goodwill and it has no OS installed.

Posted on Oct 16, 2015 7:50 AM

6 replies

Oct 18, 2015 5:41 AM in response to Sonicsixshooter

No. A Mac with a Power PC processor like your G4 Mac can only boot from am internal HD or optical drive or to an external device connected via FireWire. The old Macs do not support booting via a USB connected device.

A power PC Mac can't run OSX higher than 10.5.8.

You can call Apple and order 10.5.8 or order original install disks. You do need to supply the serial number.

Oct 24, 2015 8:00 AM in response to lllaass

OK so I bought an OS 10.5.2 off of Ebay . This time it does seem to boot up( Apple logo Ect) but after a few minutes it messages me , this OS cannot be installed on this computer. my mac was made in 2005 . Do I need to go to an even older iOS ?, kinda disappointed and lost now. I hate to put out even more money on this old mini. I've purchased snow leopard and now this version (leopard I believe). Still without my Mac . Thanks

Is there a way to install an os on my mini using a flash stick? Thanks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.