Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail won't send out after ox El Capitan upgrade

I recently up graded to OX El Capitan and now I am experiencing Apple mail issues. First, some of my accounts would not go online. I rebuilt the accounts and have seemed to fix that issue, but now I have to figure out to merge the old accounts to the new ones.

But here is my lasted and biggest issue. After getting my email to work (for one day), now I can't send email out. When I try to send, my sent email flashes on and off, again and again, over and over, non-stop. the email never goes out.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, apple mail

Posted on Oct 16, 2015 8:46 AM

3 replies

Oct 16, 2015 10:02 AM in response to skime5

Launch the Console application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go ▹ Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad and start typing the name.

The title of the Console window should be All Messages. If it isn't, select

SYSTEM LOG QUERIES ▹ All Messages

from the log list on the left. If you don't see that list, select

View ▹ Show Log List

from the menu bar at the top of the screen.

Click the Clear Display icon in the toolbar. Then take an action that isn't working the way you expect. Select any lines that appear in the Console window. Copy them to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. Paste into a reply to this message by pressing command-V.

The log contains a vast amount of information, almost all of which is irrelevant to solving any particular problem. When posting a log extract, be selective. A few dozen lines are almost always more than enough.

Please don't indiscriminately dump thousands of lines from the log into this discussion.

Please don't post screenshots of log messages—post the text.

Some private information, such as your name or email address, may appear in the log. Anonymize before posting.

When you post the log extract, you might see an error message on the web page: "You have included content in your post that is not permitted," or "The message contains invalid characters." That's a bug in the forum software. Please post the text on Pastebin, then post a link here to the page you created.

Oct 20, 2015 6:08 AM in response to Linc Davis

I have exactly the same problem that skime5 described above, so I've followed your instructions.

In Console I see the set of messages below repeatedly appearing every time my mail messages flashes on the screen (it never sends - it just flashes on and then minimises again - making it impossible to use the Mac until I kill the Mail app).

Console messages:

20/10/2015 14:06:40.889 Mail[609]: No worthy mechs found

20/10/2015 14:06:40.889 Mail[609]: No worthy mechs found

20/10/2015 14:06:44.597 accountsd[328]: AIDA Notification plugin running

20/10/2015 14:06:46.835 Mail[609]: {"status":"400","schemes":"Bearer","scope":"https://mail.google.com/"}

20/10/2015 14:06:47.516 Mail[609]: XOAUTH2 requires user

20/10/2015 14:06:47.516 Mail[609]: Failed to start the SASL connection

SASL(-1): generic failure: XOAUTH2 requires user

Apple Mail won't send out after ox El Capitan upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.