Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch id 48 hours message

Is there an issue with the TouchID in ios 9.0.2 with it asking for the passcode/password before 48 hours of non-use ?

Both my wife's and my iPhone 6s's have asked for passcode (with the message about 48 hours) in the last day despite us never going more than 8 hours of non-use. The same has also just happened to my wife's ipad Air 2 even though she was using it 12 hours ago.

Anyone got any thoughts ?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 16, 2015 4:32 PM

7 replies

Oct 16, 2015 5:09 PM in response to KiltedTim

This is a major issue for my wife and I; it significantly changes the usability of the phone; we both have long and complex passwords and if we will have to enter them every two days it is going to result in me changing it back to a simple 4 digit pin code. Why the change, there seems no logic to it and there was no mention of it in the release notes.

Can someone from apple contact me so I can restore it back to the product I purchased.

Oct 16, 2015 6:01 PM in response to KiltedTim

KiltedTim wrote:

It's not 48 hours of non-use. It's 48 hours since the last time you unlocked the device using the passcode.

I have just called Apple Support; their position is that there has been no change; it is indeed 48 hours since the last time you unlocked the device with either fingerprint or code and that if I am being asked before that, it is not working as intended.

They have asked me to de-activate TouchID and reactivate it on all my TouchID devices and report back if it asks me again outside the 48 hours of non-use.

Touch id 48 hours message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.