Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay from Iphone 6 fails to stream to AppleTV, but no problems with airplay from Iphone 5 or ipad

I have a Apple TV3. Airplay from iPhone 6 plus has been giving me problems ever since I got the phone. Nowadays, airplay simply does not work. I can see the airplay to apple tv on my iPhone. Airplay simply does not work, whether it is airplay to screen on apps (eg youtube) or via mirroring. Problem existed since IOS 8, and got worse with the latest IOS updates.

I tried using airplay using iPhone 5 and iPad 3. No problems with either mirroring or streaming contents to the same apple tv.

All devices have the latest updated software.

Any possible solutions?

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Oct 16, 2015 7:49 PM

4 replies

Nov 23, 2015 7:25 AM in response to Desboo

I have this exact same problem. The Airplay icon appears on the screen though. Also, sometimes it manages to connect with the airplay but then it's just a matter of time before it disconnects agains. However, most of the times it does not even connect.

Edit: Iphone 6 as well. And problems also occur when trying to connect with the Airport to stream music.

Airplay from Iphone 6 fails to stream to AppleTV, but no problems with airplay from Iphone 5 or ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.