Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

looking for voice recorder w/ transcription app

Hello...

My girlfriend has hand problems. Typing is getting very difficult, even mousing.

What we'd like to find is a small voice recorder that includes a transcription application, or is integrated with some existing product (like Dragon). Optimally, she would record something, then, back at her Mac or iPad, connect the recorder (one way or another), import the file, and create the transcription from the digitized file.

A system where there audio file would have to transfer as an audio stream for transcription is OK but probably a second choice.

Any suggestions? Either a hardware/software package or a good application that works with several third-party devices, is what we're seeking, I believe.

TIA,

Jeff

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11), late 2013 27in, 3.5GHz, 24GB

Posted on Oct 17, 2015 12:13 AM

4 replies

Apr 12, 2016 6:57 PM in response to Jeff Mark

I Use Notepad on my iPad and record one to three sentences at a time using the microphone key to the left of space bar on the screen/keyboard (as I did to create this comment.) You have to remember to occasionally say things like "comma", "period" and "new paragraph".

It types what I'm saying. When I'm done I can email the completed note to my desktop.

If you have Pages on the iPad you can do the same but with the benefit of more formatting options for the text.

This is how I do most of my homework for school - talking into my iPad, then formatting the text in Pages.

good luck to you both.

I hope this was helpful.

looking for voice recorder w/ transcription app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.