Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery drain since iOS 9.0.2 on iPhone 4s

since update it's draining so fast, replaced the battery and it's still the same!

OOvernight drain in 7 hours from 100% to dead ? Can I fix this?

HAve turned of lots of power drain features but it made no difference at all. It was fine before the upgrade was installe at home via wireless connection.

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 17, 2015 12:38 AM

4 replies

Oct 17, 2015 12:34 PM in response to Sidney72

Hi Sidney72,

I'm sorry to hear you are having this issue with your iPhone. I'm sure we can help figure out what may be going on, but we may need a bit more information about what you are seeing and your specific configuration:

1. You said the battery was replaced; when was that done, and who did it? Why was it replaced (for this specific issue, or others)?

2. What are you seeing in the battery usage screen of Settings > Battery? Does it appear that any particular app or service is consuming the majority of your battery?

3. Since the issue started, have you tried testing it in factory default mode with no other apps or data installed to see if the battery drain issues persist?

Thanks

Dec 3, 2015 8:16 AM in response to brenden dv

I have the same problem. I updated my 4s to ios 9.1 and battery is draining at roughly 16% /hour and locking out around 50% requiring a hard boot after charging to get going again. I haven't replaced the battery as it was fine before the update. My battery usage shows nothing unusual - my Phone and Home&lock Screen using 30% each of the power.

I have tried the factory restore twice: using my stored data once and going to "start from new" the second time. This cleared a couple of secondary problems -shut off not working, audio on Google maps not working and iTunes had disappeared from app list on home screen. But it didn't affect the battery drain.

Really need help on this. Phone is only 20 months old.

Dec 11, 2015 1:07 PM in response to Sidney72

I went to Apple store and consultant re-stored the phone to "new phone" again using a little more complicated method that apparently clears the firmware which the regular methods don't. He suggested I try it out for a couple of days and if it didn't fix the problem to come back and he made an appointment for the Genius Bar. I could tell almost immediately the re-store hadn't helped - the batterey dropped 5% in the 15 minutes I was in the store. When I got home I did another re-store and this time used my saved data from iTunes figuring why re-enter all the data for my mail etc if I was going to have to go back to the Genius Bar anyway.

No apparent reason why but this resolved the problem. The battery now declines 2-3% per hour - about where it was before I installed ios9.1. All the other little problems appear to be gone as well. Just restoring the phone 5 times may be the lucky number - it was for me.

I won't be putting the new ios update on the phone.

Battery drain since iOS 9.0.2 on iPhone 4s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.