Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to uninstall Net Nanny which has blocked access to finder

I have a huge problem. I installed Net Nanny on my grandchild's new Mac Air laptop, Yosemite OS. On installation I see an almost blank screen - a box for login and a box for password. I typed in the login and password. Nothing happened. I am sure it is correct. I gave up and cancelled my account and was given (am in the process of being given) a refund. I now cannot uninstall it. I was first told to go to applications and uninstall it...etc. I cannot get into Applications...or anything else in the computer. I was told next to login with my email and given an admin password. Nothing happened. Each morning (I am in Australia) I wake to find a similar instruction..this time "the admin password is ....... " So I type Admin and the password. Still nothing. I even was going to buy it again ...hoping that it would solve the problem. I am glad I didn't.

It seems the people at Net Nanny don't even read what I say....I cannot get into the finder. I cannot even see my dmg installation file on a usb. I think I may have to resort to reinstalling the system software, which I really don't want to do. He hasn't had the computer for long and not much will be lost ...but there will be changes he will notice. If only I had done the back up before the upgrades.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have any ideas? I have searched and searched for answers... Is it perhaps incompatible with Yosemite?

Thank you

Lori

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Oct 17, 2015 3:09 AM

There are no replies.

How to uninstall Net Nanny which has blocked access to finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.