Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't find my iphone pics while phone is plugged into PC

How do I find my pictures that I can see on my phone but that I can't access when I plug my phone into my PC?

Thanks!

iPhone 5, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 17, 2015 10:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2017 4:38 AM

Of course it is. What would Apple benefit from you transfering your whole image content in your iPhone to OneDrive? The worst, trying to get the user into thinking "ohhh... it must be some problem with Windows". It's designed this way and there is one and only one reason. To force the user staying in the Apple bubble, buying Apple services.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2017 4:38 AM in response to Gemwalk

Of course it is. What would Apple benefit from you transfering your whole image content in your iPhone to OneDrive? The worst, trying to get the user into thinking "ohhh... it must be some problem with Windows". It's designed this way and there is one and only one reason. To force the user staying in the Apple bubble, buying Apple services.

Oct 18, 2015 1:18 PM in response to jscales915

Hey jscales915,

Thank you for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

Try these tips to import pictures from your iPhone to your PC:

Import media to a Windows PC

Before importing your media:

Windows 8: Learn how to import photos and videos from a camera, phone, or DVD (Windows Help)
Windows 7 and Windows Vista: Learn how to get pictures from your camera to your computer(Windows Help)

If your computer doesn't recognize an attached iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch as a camera, and prevents you from importing photos to your computer, learn how to resolve the issue.

You can find these steps in Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or Windows PC.

If you have pictures on your iPhone that were synced from iTunes, you won't be able to import them using the steps above (as mentioned in Sync media between your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and iTunes on your Mac or PC.)

You can use iTunes to manage them, though. For more help with this see Sync photos from your computer to your iOS device using iTunes.

Sincerely.

Oct 18, 2015 1:21 PM in response to jeremy_v

Thanks for the advice - I've actually been able to copy/paste pictures in the past. Now that I've updated my iOS, I only see 2 folders on my iPhone as it's linked to my PC. They are only the pictures I've taken since the iOS was updated. However, there are several pictures prior to the update that are not showing up on the PC. How can I find them on my PC in order to copy/paste those as well.

Thanks!

I can't find my iphone pics while phone is plugged into PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.