Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri not working?

So I leave my iPhone 6 Plus 64GB to charge over night and I wake up this morning and try to use the 'Hey Siri' function to turn off my alarms. But it didn't open Siri, so I tried again and it still didn't open. I tried to manually start Siri by holding in the home button and it couldn't hear my voice despite me talking, it sometimes says "Go ahead, I'm listening" but I'm not sure if it means it can hear me but I'm too quiet.

I tried using the Apple EarPods to use Siri with the built in microphone and it works fine, it picks up my voice. I tried using SnapChat to record a video and see if the microphone worked there and it was fine and I also tried VoiceMemo's and I could hear myself clearly.

I'm currently on iOS 9.0.2. I don't know what to do. This is pretty much a 2 week old phone because I accidentally smashed my last one but I had insurance.

I've tried to turn Siri off and then back on again but that's not worked in terms of using Siri without an external microphone from some earphones etc.

What should I do?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.0.2, 64GB

Posted on Oct 18, 2015 5:23 AM

6 replies

Nov 30, 2015 6:20 AM in response to ZakMoon

Siri also stopped working on my iphone 6 plus over the weekend. I called Apple Care and they indicated that it was a hardware problem. The person who helped me indicated that a trade in of the phone might be the best opportunity to resolve the problem.

This phone cost almost a thousand dollars. It is two months out of warranty and Apple will not fix the problem. I have been a Apple phone owner since the first one but no more. This is it for me.

Nov 30, 2015 9:57 AM in response to sjk98501

Just to be clear, you have been a happy Apple customer since the release of the original iPhone and now that one has had a problem out of warranty you are leaving for another brand? That of course is your choice but just know that almost all electronics have a one year warranty whether it's a $1000 phone, a $2000 television or a $50 small appliance. With almost anything you have an option of buying an extended warranty including your iPhone. For $99 you could have extended your warranty by an additional year. Any of those Android or Windows phones that switch to are going to have a similar warranty. Whether it goes out 1 week after the warranty is up or 3 years after, any repairs will be at your cost.

Siri not working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.