Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6s plus video playback issues if you take pics too

So you know how you can take stills as you're recording video? I did it yesterday for the first time with the new 6S plus and was not happy. When watching the video, you an clearly see where the stills were taken because the video hops. At first I thought I had caused this by pressing the "shutter" button to hard snap the still but I was able to rule that out as the reason when I proceeded to shoot a number of videos to test my theory. This time I was surer cognizant of the fact and touched the screen (shutter) just enough to trigger the shutter and capture the still but I had the same issue in most case. That is the thing, there were times where it didn't happen but it happens move than it doesn't.

I'm also finding that this camera on the 6S plus is not nearly as good at capturing shots when the subject is moving. Coming from a 6 previously, I feel that it was much better at freezing the action when trying to capture my one year old! So, in closing, not that happy with the new camera gear in the 6S plus and I hope it's something that can be fixed with software!

I've already closed the video recording app, hard-restarted the phone. All the basic steps that would be taken in response to something like this. Any suggestion or has anyone else experienced this?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 18, 2015 7:12 AM

3 replies

Apr 30, 2016 7:07 AM in response to tunelowplayhard

I have this same problem also on my 128GB iPhone 6s Plus ios 9.3. Just noticed it when recording my daughter walking across a stage during a school ceremony and recording in 4k and snapping stills. I was panning slowly as she walked across the stage and didn't put this together. I didnt notice any problem while recording but could see a hop/skip/stutter at each point where I pressed the snap still button while recording. I tried it several more times and it continued to happen. I have done this same thing several times before recording other events and never noticed the issue. I wasnt panning during the other times that I recall.

Any help solving this would be greatly appreciated!

May 20, 2016 10:42 PM in response to tunelowplayhard

I have the same issue on my iPhone 6s Plus, too.

When I tried to take a photo during recording a video,

I noticed the video shakes where the stills were taken everytime I play it back.

This issue does not happen all the time but most of the time.

This ONLY happens when you set the video quality to 1080p HD at 60 fps!

I've tried on 3 displayed iPhone 6s Plus devices at a Apple Store with the same video setting,

The same issue exists on each devices!

But does not happen on iPhone 6s devices!

So I guess it has something to do with the optical stabilization feature.

This issue will occur doesn't matter if you're on iOS 9.2 nor iOS 9.3.2.

User uploaded file

Iphone 6s plus video playback issues if you take pics too

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.