Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 10 Boot Camp Wifi Problem

So using the new boot camp that came with OSX El Capitan, I installed a new partition of Windows 10 on my hard drive with ample space. However, the windows partition is unable to find any "networking hardware" and thus I have not been able to make any kind of connection to the internet on the Windows 10 parition.

I also have not been able to find any of the drivers that were supposed to have been installed automatically according to the boot camp support page. Meaning when I attempted to use an older solution to this problem used by people using OSX Yosemite, which was to re-instal the broadcom driver, I was unable to solve the problem, because I cannot find a broadcom driver in my partition.

Any advice?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11), boot camp, mid 2015

Posted on Oct 18, 2015 6:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2015 6:48 PM

What are the entries in Windows -> Control Panel -> Device Manager -> Network Adapters?

5 replies

Oct 18, 2015 6:49 PM in response to Smizles

Hi,

8 or GB Thumb drive formatted as 1 Master Boot Record partition MS-DOS afterwards

Open up Boot Camp Assistant>Check box "Download latest Windows Support Software" Uncheck all other boxes.

Plug up your newly formatted thumb drive if not already and hit "Continue" Wait....

Once this is done Boot Windows

Plug in thumb drive and double-click Setup file in Bootcamp folder. Follow install directions.

Complete Boot Camp Instructions can be found at Apple Knowledge Base

Cheers!!

Oct 18, 2015 6:50 PM in response to jndupuis1

With the new boot camp 6, i found you have to select actions from the top bar to find this option, there aren't selection boxes in boot camp anymore only a straight shot option to paritioning the drive. But I have downloaded the drivers and am installing them to see if that solves the problem.

This has solved the problem, thanks!

Windows 10 Boot Camp Wifi Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.