Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I edit an incorrect Workout entry?

Today, I forgot to 'end' my (Other) Workout and now the Total Time shown is way off. I've looked and have not found any way to edit this information. How do I correct this?

Apple Watch 42mm, watchOS 2

Posted on Oct 19, 2015 7:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2015 8:47 AM

You are unable to edit but what I have found out is you can delete it and then add it back with the right start / end times. Helpful hint: remember or write down the start time and use it when you create the new time. This will still capture the heart rates and the information to capture a good workout. This has been my experience. I know when I ride the stationary bike it sometimes put .65 miles when I actually did 20 miles. I go and delete it and add it back with the correct mileage. Hope this helps.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2015 8:47 AM in response to carinfrommanchester

You are unable to edit but what I have found out is you can delete it and then add it back with the right start / end times. Helpful hint: remember or write down the start time and use it when you create the new time. This will still capture the heart rates and the information to capture a good workout. This has been my experience. I know when I ride the stationary bike it sometimes put .65 miles when I actually did 20 miles. I go and delete it and add it back with the correct mileage. Hope this helps.

Oct 19, 2015 8:07 AM in response to carinfrommanchester

I don't think you can edit workouts, although, the workout app is made more for helping you exercise by setting a specific time, going until you reach a number of miles, or until you burn a certain amount of calories. So it shouldn't effect your activity very much. If I'm wrong then please correct me, but this is what I think the workout app is mainly for... I've lost count of how many times I forgot to end a workout...

Oct 19, 2015 10:57 AM in response to carinfrommanchester

Open Apple Health:

- click on workouts

- click Show All Data

- find the workout that is incorrect (write down or remember the start time - it is shown on this page)

- swipe left and a delete option will show

- click delete

- Go back to Workouts (upper left)

- Click Add Data Point

- Fill out Activity Type, Distance, Calories, Start and End - I don't think the distance or calories are required.

That's all.

Oct 19, 2015 11:52 AM in response to storm_22

OK, I followed your steps and that did change the info in the Health app on my iPhone; but, that correct entry does not sync back to the watch. I wanted a way to correct the Activity info on the watch. Because it shows a longer workout, those (incorrect) extra Exercise minutes were also added into my Move goal (calories burned) for the day which also affects my accumulation for the week. Is there any way to add the corrected entry on the watch?

Oct 23, 2015 4:46 AM in response to carinfrommanchester

Hi

I had the same problem. I think the native Apple workout app it nit flexible enough. Also the watch does not show all the details after a run. After Runkeeper updated their watch app it covers all I need. I can edit all informations on the Runkeeper website after it has been uploaded from the iPhone. I wish the Apple native workout app will have a look at how Runkeeper works.

How do I edit an incorrect Workout entry?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.