Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My apple id does not work on my iphone but works on my computer, How do I fix this? I have changed my password and it still does not work.

My new apple id does not work on my iPhone but works on my computer, How do I fix this? I have changed my password and it still does not work.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 19, 2015 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2015 11:20 AM

Your apple ID have a limit to how many users can have that same log in. For example, you have an iPhone, iPad and computer all of which have that ID logged into them. Well Apple only allows you to have 5 devices registered with that ID. In order to fix this you need to go onto your computer and into iTunes. From iTunes you need to go to store and look for your account settings. Here you will find where it says have you 5 of 5 devices autherized and you need to deactivate all of them and start over. After that you should be able to put your ID on your iPhone

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2015 11:20 AM in response to annu87

Your apple ID have a limit to how many users can have that same log in. For example, you have an iPhone, iPad and computer all of which have that ID logged into them. Well Apple only allows you to have 5 devices registered with that ID. In order to fix this you need to go onto your computer and into iTunes. From iTunes you need to go to store and look for your account settings. Here you will find where it says have you 5 of 5 devices autherized and you need to deactivate all of them and start over. After that you should be able to put your ID on your iPhone

Oct 19, 2015 12:30 PM in response to anna_marie0408

Hi Anna, thnx for replying.

it is a new ID (I didn't use it on any other devices), however, I checked the account settings it says only one device is authorized ( my computer).

When i tried to sign in on my iPhone at first I received an error message that the ID or the Password is incorrect but on my computer i signed in without any problem.

So, I tried to change the password but nothing changed. few hours later I tried to sign in again (on my iPhone), I received an error message that the ID is locked and i have to change the password in order to unlock it. ( I did that several times 😟 and I keep receiving the same error message 😟 😟 )

Nov 5, 2015 4:52 PM in response to anna_marie0408

That is ridiculous! What if you have a NEW phone and are trying to set it up? I cannot activate my new iPhone 6s because Apple iCloud continues to reject my Apple ID password. Any workaround for this? Also, HOW DO I ADD a device to my Apple devices? It only shows the devices already on there, including old iPhones, and does not have a way to remove the ones you don't want on there.

My apple id does not work on my iphone but works on my computer, How do I fix this? I have changed my password and it still does not work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.