Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NEW Magic Mouse 2 and Keyboard DO NOT SCROLL or work!

I just bought the new Magic Mouse 2 and the new Magic Keyboard. NONE of my keys on the top work (brightness, volume) AND my mouse won't scroll up and down. I've tried all the options in the forum but to no avail. SO FRUSTRATING!! I've check settings.

Posted on Oct 19, 2015 10:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2015 9:25 AM

I have the same issue, tried everything I could find about resolving mouse and blue tooth issues... no luck. Went to Apple store, was given another new MM2, still no luck. The issue is you NEED to be running el Capitan, no way around it right now. Hopefully soon they will include support for Yosemite (at least).

But for now it would seem that unless you are willing to update to a very buggy el Capitan, you'll either need to find a backup mouse with scrolling function or live without it for a bit (hopefully only a bit).

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2015 9:25 AM in response to valpolamb

I have the same issue, tried everything I could find about resolving mouse and blue tooth issues... no luck. Went to Apple store, was given another new MM2, still no luck. The issue is you NEED to be running el Capitan, no way around it right now. Hopefully soon they will include support for Yosemite (at least).

But for now it would seem that unless you are willing to update to a very buggy el Capitan, you'll either need to find a backup mouse with scrolling function or live without it for a bit (hopefully only a bit).

Oct 20, 2015 9:39 AM in response to valpolamb

Hmmm... have you tried removing the mouse and blue tooth preferences? sometimes they get corrupted and you need to remove them and restart your machine, which will automatically reset the preferences to factory settings, usually resolving the issues.

I'm not 100% sure about how you remove the preferences, I think you need to remove a few files from the Library. If you hunt around online or here on the discussion forum you should be able to find out the process pretty easily.

Good luck.

Oct 21, 2015 8:15 AM in response to valpolamb

Had this same problem, my old Magic Mouse worked fine but new Magic Mouse 2 did not scroll.Tried re-pairing, resetting PRAM and SMC, rebooting, etc. Nothing worked.

Eventually realized I was still running the El Capitan Beta which doesn't automatically software update.
You need to manually upgrade to the El Capitan release. See here:
http://www.imore.com/how-install-os-x-el-capitan-over-el-cap-gm-beta-seed

Hope this helps!

NEW Magic Mouse 2 and Keyboard DO NOT SCROLL or work!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.