Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air 2 will no longer recognize any chargers.

AAfter working flawlessly for over a year, my iPad Air 2 now constantly says 'this accessory may not be supported'. I have to tap Dismiss constantly as if I move wires around, one of my generic charges will work in little short spurts. The rest of my chargers, including the Apple chargers, do will not work at all. This happened after the iOS 9 update.

Posted on Oct 19, 2015 8:54 PM

2 replies

Oct 20, 2015 8:01 AM in response to Patee987

Hello there, Patee987.

It sounds like you're having issues charging your iPad Air 2, due to the fact that you're getting "This accessory may not be supported" message. The following Knowledge Base article offers up some great troubleshooting steps:

If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If the battery doesn’t charge

If the battery doesn’t charge, unplug your device and try these steps:

1. Look at the connector at the bottom of your device and make sure it’s free of debris.
  2. If you're using a USB power adapter, make sure it's plugged in all the way and the power outlet is working. If you're connecting to a computer, make sure it's on and can charge your device. To charge an iPad, you might need to use a USB power adapter and plug into a power outlet.
  3. Try a different USB cable, USB power adapter, or USB port.
  4. If everything seems to be working, reconnect your device and wait for 30 minutes.
  5. If your device still doesn’t charge, try to restart it while it's connected to power. If you can't restart, force your device to restart.

If you see an alert

When you plug in your device, you might see one of these alerts:

• “This cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with this iPhone.”
  • “This accessory is not supported by this device.”

If you see one of these alerts, unplug your device try and these steps:

1. Look at the connector at the bottom of your device and make sure it’s free of debris, then reconnect the USB cable.
  2. If you still see an alert, try a different USB cable or charger.

Get more help

If your device still doesn't charge or you still see an alert after trying the steps above, contact Apple Support.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Kind Regards.

iPad Air 2 will no longer recognize any chargers.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.