Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My audio messages keep deleting when I hit send

HI! The latest update changed the button style of the audio message feature with text messaging. Audio messaging is extremely convenient for me so I use it often, but after this latest update, when I press the appropriate button to send the message, the message is deleted 50% of the time. It's maddening! This is happening with a few of my friends, too. Anyone else? How do I submit a formal complaint directly to Apple? It seems my only option is to do a service call with one of their staff.

Thanks for any help!

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 20, 2015 6:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2015 1:21 PM

Thank you for responding! My problem is actually something different, though.

Say I am done recording an audio message and I press the "Send" symbol with the up arrow icon. Well, often when I hit that button the message I just recorded disappears. I thought at first this was happening because I was accidentally hitting next to it, like my thumb was too big, and therefore tapping off of the audio message feature. But I'm not doing that, my thumb is tapping right on the freaking arrow.

I hope I explained it better that time!

ANy ideas?

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2015 1:21 PM in response to jason269

Thank you for responding! My problem is actually something different, though.

Say I am done recording an audio message and I press the "Send" symbol with the up arrow icon. Well, often when I hit that button the message I just recorded disappears. I thought at first this was happening because I was accidentally hitting next to it, like my thumb was too big, and therefore tapping off of the audio message feature. But I'm not doing that, my thumb is tapping right on the freaking arrow.

I hope I explained it better that time!

ANy ideas?

Oct 21, 2015 7:40 AM in response to EnochProject

Hello, EnochProject.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like audio messages via iMessage are disappearing after a certain period of time. By default, audio messages expire and delete after 2 minutes unless you opt to keep the message or modify settings. You can select the Keep option after sending or listening to the message. You can also change the option to keep all messages in Settings > Messages > Audio Messages Expire > Never.

Send photo, video, or audio messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers

Feb 7, 2016 6:42 PM in response to jason269

Jason: I thought I was alone with this problem, but I'm also experiencing it. I'm running an iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 9.2. The message immediately deletes or disappears when I hit the up arrow after Recording an audio message. Generally really record, and hit the up arrow again, and then the second time it works. But I am never successful sending an audio message the first time.

My audio messages keep deleting when I hit send

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.