Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot change country region from USA to BG?

Hello everyone.

Used to be in the States for the summer and had to change the region for their own one, but now I'm back in Bulgaria and I want the bulgarian store available. The payment method is set to "None", but every time I try to change the region, it says "Invalid payment method". Even after I put some information with a real VISA card, it says "Your payment method is not approved". Tried with another credit, debit, vizas etc, but the result remains the same. Anyone with similar issue who can help, please?

iPhone 5, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 20, 2015 7:09 AM

6 replies

Oct 20, 2015 8:12 AM in response to sstiliyann

Yes sstillyann, I have a similar problem.

I am an american living in Italy.
I have an American credit card ONLY.
I have 30.00 EUROS (34.02$ us) in my iTunes account on the Italian iTunes store website.
NOW, they are making me verify I have a credit card BEFORE they let me spend the money that is in my account.

I do not and will not own an Italian credit card.

Possible solutions:

1. Refund my money

2. Transfer my 30.00 euros to my American ITunes account.

How can I make any of these happen?

Oct 20, 2015 8:55 AM in response to sstiliyann

It's not letting you because you are changing country, asking for card details is a way of confirming that you have a valid billing address in that country

From Why can’t I select None when I edit my Apple ID payment information? - Apple Support :

When you change the country or region of an existing Apple ID, you must provide a payment method and update your billing options. If you want to remove your payment method after you change the country or region, you can change your payment information to None.

Oct 20, 2015 9:14 AM in response to King_Penguin

But it doesn't asked me for payment info when I was moving to the US region. Still inserting the right information, with the right addresses, numbers and everything and it does not work. Tried also all the provided links which could help. Looked at every information provided, every possible issue that could stop me of changing the region. Tried to change it from itunes, from the phone, and it's still saying "Your payment type is declined. Please choose another one." Checked every single link that you provided, tried numerous of times and still nothing.

Oct 20, 2015 3:01 PM in response to sstiliyann

It's possible that either your card issuer is declining it (have you tried contacting them ?), or it's not accepted by the iTunes validation. The cards that you are trying to use were issued by a Bulgarian bank, and the format and layout of the address on your account matches the card's registered address ? If you can't get any of them to work then you could try contacting iTunes Support and see if they can/will stop the card requirement so that you can change countries : http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/

Cannot change country region from USA to BG?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.