Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot setup my Google account in Messages

Hi everyone, and many thanks in advance to people who will take some time to find a solution to my problem!

I've tried several times to setup my Google account in Messages, but it doesn't work.

I've tried logging in the usual way, but I get error messages re: my password :

User uploaded file

Then I get an error message saying that the data will be sent non-securely:

User uploaded file

But whatever I do, it always says the password and / or the login are not correct.

So I've tried looking at the Preferences. Here is what my window looks like:

User uploaded file

As you can see, I can't access the minus button which would ordinarily allow me to delete the old account and create a new one.

I've tried activate and de-activating. It does not work.

I've also tried to update the password from this window, but Messages won't allow me to do so.

I suspect my old setup to be blocking the new one, but I do not find a way to delete the old one, neither to update it.

My Mac is currently running with Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.

Idea, anyone ?

Many thanks !

Oriane

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 20, 2015 8:40 AM

1 reply

Oct 21, 2015 11:34 AM in response to unjourpola

Good day Oriane,

I see you are a new user here in Apple Support Communities - welcome! I hope we find you contributing often in the future.

In order to delete your Google account from Messages in Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan you will need to use System Preferences > Internet Accounts. OS X El Capitan: Internet Accounts preferences. Having deleted the account from there you can add it back again, being sure that the password is correct.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Safe computing.

Cannot setup my Google account in Messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.