Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Cannot Verify My Credit Card To Make A Purchase With The Funds From My Account. (I want a refund)

Hello,

I am an american living in Italy.

I have an American credit card ONLY.

I have 30.00 EUROS (34.02$ us) in my iTunes account on the Italian iTunes store website.

NOW, they are making me verify I have a credit card BEFORE they let me spend the money that is in my account.

I do not and will not own an Italian credit card.

Possible solutions:

1. Refund my money

2. Transfer my 30.00 euros to my American ITunes account.

3. Verify my American CC in the Italian ITunes store.

How can I make any of these happen?

iMac

Posted on Oct 20, 2015 8:19 AM

2 replies

Oct 20, 2015 9:09 AM in response to Kwestkings

Asking for credit card details is a way of checking that you have a valid billing address in that country : Why can’t I select None when I edit my Apple ID payment information? - Apple Support

When you change the country or region of an existing Apple ID, you must provide a payment method and update your billing options. If you want to remove your payment method after you change the country or region, you can change your payment information to None.

If it's a new account that you've just created then presumably you didn't use these instructions when you created it : Create an iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store account without a credit card or other payment method - Apple Suppor…

If you don't have an Italian credit card then try contacting iTunes Support and see if they can/will remove the requirement : http://www.apple.com/it/support/itunes/contact/

You can't use a US credit card with an Italian iTunes account (only a card issued by an Italian bank will be accepted with the Italian store). And I very much doubt that iTunes Support will transfer money between accounts that are in different countries - you also can't use the US store whilst you are in Italy, you can only use it when you are back in the US (being in a country is part of the store's terms). Whether they will refund you will depend upon whether Italian laws require it : See your iTunes credit balance - Apple Support

I Cannot Verify My Credit Card To Make A Purchase With The Funds From My Account. (I want a refund)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.