Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flashlight and camera simultaneously??

my first iPhone

Im so used to android that I believed the way that I used a phone was the same as everyone else. I work in maintenance and my phone has always been one of my greatest tools in the box. For instance I would turn the flashlight on then the camera and hold my phone back behind a price of machinery where my head couldn't fit and look at my phone screen to see what I otherwise couldn't then I could zoom in or out and snap a pic. simple. Iphone... I'm at a loss. I turn the camera on slide up for the flashlight but it's greyed out. And flashlight turns off when I open the camera. I need this function. Does that mean I have to go back to the note 4?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 20, 2015 8:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2017 12:40 AM

I agree that this is very irritating.

I have a iphone 6 and would like to use the torch and the camera together as I was used to doing with Android.

Taking a video is not the same a taking a photo, or as using the torch/magnification functionality so that is not really a solution.

In the two years since 2015, has anyone got an answer?

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2017 12:40 AM in response to Yllib1975

I have a iphone 6 and would like to use the torch and the camera together as I was used to doing with Android.

Taking a video is not the same a taking a photo, or as using the torch/magnification functionality so that is not really a solution.

May 24, 2017 5:45 AM in response to sbrookes

sbrookes wrote:

I'm pretty certain the answer is still "no, you can't do that". Sorry.

Dec 13, 2017 6:54 AM in response to Flagra Nightwalker

Flagra Nightwalker wrote:

I was messing

with my camera settings and discovered if you switch the bottom preset to video, (swipe left until the white word says video on the bottom) And then tap the lightning bolt and then tap auto.

Yes, that was what RayG2261 suggested over two years ago. At least one person didn't find it satisfactory. In the intervening two years, Apple has added a Magnifier option in the Control Center that probably would do what the OP wanted, assuming, of course, that after two years, they haven't found an alternative solution.

Flashlight and camera simultaneously??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.