Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

(ArchiCAD 19) How many cores in a 3.3GHz Intel Core i5 27" iMac?

I am about to make a significant software purchase (ArchiCAD 19) and the company which produces the software (GraphSoft) is asking me how many "cores" my iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Mid 2015) 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5 has. A Google search leaves me with more questions than answers. Anyone have an answer or have any experience with this software and the performance configuratoins related to it? The rest of the iMac configuration is as follow if it matters: 24 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 MB. Cheers, S-P

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 20, 2015 9:02 AM

3 replies

Oct 20, 2015 9:45 AM in response to woodmeister50

I thought about that as well, and when I asked GraphSoft that this was their response: "...ArchiCAD further enhances its use of multiple cores by constantly using the spare capacity of the workstation CPU and ‘guessing ahead’, the processing tasks that it ‘thinks’ you are going to do next. As to how much quicker this makes ArchiCAD 19 over 18? The benefit can be from ‘Instant’ to a 70% improvement in creating 3D views. The opening time for all model-based sections, elevation or 3D documents has dropped by half taking a substantial load off of the graphics requirements. Performance utilizing the new multi-core code is a significant improvement and absolutely screams on Apple’s new Mac Pro, which comes with an Intel Xeon processor with up to 12 cores."

Feb 6, 2016 8:34 AM in response to spodonahue

hello,

i see that you use architectural softwares as well. i am an architecture student and planing to buy the same computer as you. please could you let me know more about your usage with the computer. how does it interact with your softwares. Currently, I frequently alternate between these softwares:

1. AutoCAD

2. ArchiCAD

3. Rhinoceros

4. Adobe Photoshop

5. Adobe After Effects

6. Lumion

7. Cinem4D

8. Sketchup

9. Atlantis Studio

please let me know how they interact with your computer as compared to another mac or any other computer.

Thanks a lot

(ArchiCAD 19) How many cores in a 3.3GHz Intel Core i5 27" iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.