Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos with Craigslist - Cannot upload images

I cannot upload pictures to Craigslist from Photos. I was able to do this with iPhoto under Yosemite, but now it just hangs up the Craigslist upload page.... NOT very practical... Any ideas? Does this require some sort of plug-in? (though apparently Photos can't accept plug-ins...)

As much as Apple used to represent a seamless customer experience, all new upgrades now signify a significant step backward.... (iPhoto versus Photos, what a downgrade..!!!) With Windows you dread the Blue Screen of Death, now with El Capitan you have the pinwheel of terror.

Frustrated,

Denis

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11), iMac 8,1 Intel Core Duo

Posted on Oct 20, 2015 4:42 PM

11 replies

Oct 21, 2015 2:45 PM in response to Old Toad

Using the craiglist interface when creating a new listing. With iPhoto, you would simply open the Library and see the images you wanted to select and add to the listing. With Photos, you try to open the Library, and you get the infinite pinwheel. You can only create a listing on iPad, as nothing functions on the iMac anymore.

Thanks,

Denis

Jan 26, 2016 12:34 PM in response to Hebner

I am having the exact same problem. Just 2 days ago (before latest OS upgrade 10.11.3) I could simply drag up to 24 photos to a Craigslist Ad, and now I can drag NONE. The only way with El Capitan is the archaic method of dragging photos first to my desktop and then looking them up by IMG numbers and so on which is a big hassle AND makes my desktop a mess. I hope Apple will fix this soon. Many people post lots of Craiglist ads and I'm sure are concerned about this. Let's keep things User Friendly and go forward if anything, thank you Apple!

Using Media Browser is even more complicated and user UNfriendly than dragging photos from desktop.

Jan 26, 2016 5:41 PM in response to Hebner

I had a similar problem trying to upload photos to Shutterfly. Before the upgrade, I could access photos in iPhoto from shutter fly. When I tried this after the upgrade, the photo libraries are grayed and I cannot get any pictures. I had to move all the photos to a folder on the desktop in order to select them in shutter fly, very inconvenient.

Jan 26, 2016 6:56 PM in response to cbfromlittleton

Try reading the answers - this is now the third time the same answer has been posted to this question - it is the only answer

You never directly access the contents of the Photos library (of the iphoto library either for that matter) - you use the media browser in the source pane o n the left of every upload/open/attach window toward the bottom under media ==> photos ==> PHotos exactly the same as you should have been doing in iPHoto - How to Access Files in iPhoto

LN

LN

Apr 20, 2016 3:08 PM in response to LarryHN

I am having the same problem. It's definitely not a matter of how I'm uploading the files. Here is what I did. I copied two photos from my droid phone to my desktop (therefore no Photos issue at all), then in my Craigslist post, I added the photos. After I clicked on choose, the jpg files showed in the Craigslist upload screen box. However when I went to publish, the photos are not in the ad. I don't know if it's a Craigslist problem or an El Capitan problem, but I just installed El Capitan so I"m suspicious.

Photos with Craigslist - Cannot upload images

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.