Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get the Find My Friends widget in El Capitan?

I have a late 2011 model Macbook Pro and I just upgraded to El Capitan. Many of the articles I have found online discuss the Find My Friends widget in the Notification Center. When I show Notification Center and click "edit", I don't see "Find My Friends" in the list of widgets I can add. What gives? Why is it missing?

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 20, 2015 6:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2015 8:03 PM

Hey, I have the same problem! I also go to /System/Library/Frameworks/NotificationCenter.framework/ and find Find My Friends in the folder of Plugins.User uploaded file

But I still can add Find My Friends to Notification Center. Any way to fix it? Thank you very much!

4 replies

Oct 29, 2015 3:13 AM in response to Vicky2885

I had this problem too and found this by searching.

Opening the PlugIns folder shown above by Vicky2885 and double clicking each icon brought them up in Widget Simulator. That seems to have fixed it. You might have to open Notification Center while one widget is running in the simulator (in my case I did it with Find My Friends). Now all widgets show up as available again in my Notification Center.

For me everything worked in 10.11.0 (I even had the Find My Friends widget added), but disappeared when I upgraded to 10.11.1, so I suppose there is some kind of bug which causes these widgets to become unavailable/hidden.

How do I get the Find My Friends widget in El Capitan?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.