Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos app not loading iPhone pictures after OS X 10.11 upgrade

I recently upgraded to OS X 10.11 (El Capitan). When I connected my iPhone to import my pictures Photos will show the iPhone connected in the sidebar, but it never loads the pictures to import. The window stays blank. Prior to the upgrade I was successfully importing pictures in OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) and my iPhone was/is running iOS 9.0.2.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 20, 2015 6:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2015 7:46 PM

I finally got it working. Dropbox was the culprit. Even though I had it set to not import pictures it prevented anything from showing in the Photos app. I quit Dropbox and then disconnected/reconnected my iPhone. Pictures showed up for import and everything was back to normal.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2015 7:46 PM in response to jkfx7

I finally got it working. Dropbox was the culprit. Even though I had it set to not import pictures it prevented anything from showing in the Photos app. I quit Dropbox and then disconnected/reconnected my iPhone. Pictures showed up for import and everything was back to normal.

Photos app not loading iPhone pictures after OS X 10.11 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.