Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i am using iphone6 and going to update ios9 but some problem is verification failed there was an error connecting to Apple ID server

i am using iphone6 and going to update ios9 but some problem is verification failed there was an error connecting to Apple ID server

Posted on Oct 20, 2015 7:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2015 5:05 AM

If there is an error message, what is the exact

complete text of that error message?

9 replies

Oct 24, 2015 8:36 PM in response to imobl

I have the same problem. I tried to update an app and it didn't work, so I tried signing out and couldn't sign back in. Then a message popped up saying

Verification Failed

There was an error connecting to the Apple ID server.

Underneath it offers me the options to either Cancel or Try Again. It is probably because I recently updated to IOS 9, but I have also recently been trusting some Profiles and that may have something to do with it.

I'm also finding that when I enter an address on Safari it says:

Cannot Verify Server Identity

The Identity of "(whatever the address is)" cannot be verified by Safari. Review the certificate details to continue.

Then I can either tap Cancel, Details or Continue.

Dec 21, 2015 5:03 AM in response to sartajalam

I had the same problem with the iOS 9.1. Had the 9.2 downloaded and couldn't install it.

Later i was doing something at my iCloud account and when it asked my password, i would get "Verification failed - Error connecting to the apple ID server", or "Try again" the pop-up screen where you put the login and password would just empty the password field making me think I had it wrong.. which it wasn't.. 😠

Looking for answers over the internet I decided to restore it.. but then it was impossible because my Find my iPhone (mine happened with my ipod touch, while iphone 6 and iPad mini are running perfectly) was turned on.. 😟..

My final attempt would then reset everything, so I could restore it, so I started by resetting the "Reset Network Settings" on my ipod touch...

This solved my problem, checked iCloud account and logged in with no problems, activated the Home Sharing at Music and Videos....so.. it was working again.

Hope that helps you guys! I didn't found any mention of the same solution I had over the internet.. .

Apr 30, 2016 11:26 AM in response to RideOn2021

Well I spent over an hour on the phone with Apple. Tech support was very good. The second time the guy checked he found out there is some maintenance going on in accounts and I'm a lucky person to which my Apple account cannot shake hands and verify passwords. Of course when this started I logged out to try and log in as other fixes have suggested. If I had left well enough alone and waited until tonight to mess with iTunes I never would have noticed. But, hey took my phone out of he life proof case. I had not seen in in over 6 months. Also learned how to take out the sim card to check it.

So in about 6 hours I can try again.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.