Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why is iTunes adding songs i deleted to my iphone

So when I connect my phone to my MacBook, iTunes starts syncing songs onto my iPhone that I deleted. I don't want to delete them from my ITunes, i just don't want them on my phone, and select remove download on my phone, but the songs will still appear and play!! It's making me mad!! i just want certain songs on my phone 😢

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 20, 2015 9:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2015 9:33 AM

Hi Hemi22440,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like iTunes is syncing music to the iPhone that you do not want on the iPhone. I would recommend you read this article, it should be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

You can manually manage the music that is synced to the iPhone. This article explains how to make those changes.

Move content from iTunes on your computer to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Cheers

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2015 9:33 AM in response to Hemi22440

Hi Hemi22440,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like iTunes is syncing music to the iPhone that you do not want on the iPhone. I would recommend you read this article, it should be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

You can manually manage the music that is synced to the iPhone. This article explains how to make those changes.

Move content from iTunes on your computer to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Cheers

Oct 22, 2015 9:41 AM in response to mario49

Thanks so much!!! I'm fairly new to the whole Syncing thing, and you seem quite knowledgeable, so I hope it doesn't seem to much of a bother to ask you one more question. When we had the iPhoto pictures that were deleted from my iPhone weren't necessarily deleted from my mac, but now with this update it seems that if i delete a photo on my iPhone it WILL be deleted on my mac. Now what I want to do is make more room on my phone for music, so I figured deleting pictures would be the best thing, but i don't want them gone forever. Should I get an external hard drive to save the photos? Or is there a way I can delete them just on my phone and not on my mac? Thanks so much in advance.

Oct 22, 2015 10:38 AM in response to Hemi22440

Hey Hemi22440,

If you want to manage the storage on the iPhone, you can see a list of your apps, and how much storage each one uses.

See how much storage you've used on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

It sounds like you are using My Photo Stream to get photos taken from the iPhone to the Mac. If that is the case this article explains how to back those photos up to iCloud or iTunes.

My Photo Stream FAQ - Apple Support

To save or back up these photos, you must save them from My Photo Stream to your iOS device. Select the photos and choose Share > Save Image. You can then back up your photos using iCloud or iTunes.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a good one

why is iTunes adding songs i deleted to my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.