Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to reconnect my Apple Watch

My Apple Watch disconnected from my phone I turn my Apple Watch off and then back on and that did not work I've turned on airplane mode and then turn it off and then that it work I need to re-connect my Apple Watch to my iPhone my Apple Watch is not askin me to pair to my iPhone

Posted on Oct 21, 2015 12:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2016 1:15 PM

I did all these steps and still can't connect my iPhone to my watch. They were paired before. Thank you.

4 replies

Oct 21, 2015 2:55 PM in response to Ton1384

Have you tried the following steps? If so, what were the results?

• Use the Watch app on your iPhone. Go to My Watch (on the bottom) > Apple Watch. Does it show your watch as being paired?
  • Does your iPhone have Settings > Bluetooth = "On"?
  • Have you tried resetting your Apple Watch? If not, hold the digital crown and side buttons together for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple logo appears.

Jul 11, 2016 1:22 PM in response to SrGood1995

If your watch becomes temporarily disconnected from your iPhone via Bluetooth and cannot connect to a known Wi-Fi network at the time, it will show the Disconnected icon on the watch face:

User uploaded file

Such disconnections can be normal, occurring whenever the paired iPhone is unavailable (such as during iOS updates or when your iPhone is out of range).

It is not normally necessary to unpair and re-pair your devices after this happens. They should instead reconnect automatically a short while after being brought close together again. If they do not, keep your iPhone and Apple Watch close by each other and follow these steps until they do:

• Check that both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are enabled on your iPhone:

It may help to toggle Bluetooth off and on again on your iPhone (Settings > Bluetooth).

• Check that Airplane Mode is not enabled on your watch:
    • When viewing the time on your watch, swipe up on the watch face > swipe left / right to the Settings Glance.

If the Settings Glance states Connected and the symbol at the upper-right corner is a green phone symbol, then your watch is connected to your iPhone via Bluetooth.

• If your watch is not connected and Airplane Mode is turned on, tap the button to turn it off.
    • It may otherwise help to toggle Airplane Mode on and off again.
  • Restart both devices, turning both off together, then restarting your iPhone first.

Restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

For the best performance from your watch, keep both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi permanently enabled on your iPhone.

If they still do not reconnect, unpair and re-pair your watch. If your watch is unpaired according to your iPhone, but not according to your watch, follow these steps to re-pair your watch:

• On your watch: go to the Home screen (via a single press of the Digital Crown) > Settings (cog icon) > General > Reset > Erase all Content and Settings.
  • Re-pair it using the Watch app on your iPhone, choosing to Restore from Backup if the option is offered:

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

More information:

If your Apple Watch isn't connected to your iPhone - Apple Support

How to reconnect my Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.