Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

StyleWriter 2500 On my eMac 10.5 Leopard

HI! I have a Question: last week I needed to print a few pages and I have found my old StyleWriter 2500, beleave it or not it seems to be in very good condition. So I bought an ADB to USB adapter to see if I could make it pr on my eMac but no luck because of the drivers.

So, I have 3 questions:

1) is this possible to do this on a Mac OSX envarioment?

2) if it's possible can you please give me a hand to make it work? A step by step would be great!

3) I have the drivers of the ADB adapter, but can't find the printer ones, I need to download the ones from the StyleWriter 2500. Where can I do that?

thanks in advance!

eMac G4-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.5.8), eMac G4

Posted on Oct 21, 2015 3:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2015 4:34 AM

Hi Carlos,

You have probably already printed a test page without a connected computer (or via an old Macintosh computer with a serial printer port, and the appropriate System 7.x - Mac OS 9.x printer software for that machine).

I have not tested it myself, but there are reports on the web about using a Colo(u)r StyleWriter 2500 under Mac OS X. To begin with, you may want to take a look at a couple of the "More Like This" links below.

Would it be correct to assume that "ADB" in this case is a typing error? The adapter needed would be USB-to-serial (with a MiniDIN-8 port). Apple Desktop Bus (ADB) is something else (for keyboards and mice, with a MiniDIN-4 connector). Which adapter make and model is it?

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2015 4:34 AM in response to Carloselvis

Hi Carlos,

You have probably already printed a test page without a connected computer (or via an old Macintosh computer with a serial printer port, and the appropriate System 7.x - Mac OS 9.x printer software for that machine).

I have not tested it myself, but there are reports on the web about using a Colo(u)r StyleWriter 2500 under Mac OS X. To begin with, you may want to take a look at a couple of the "More Like This" links below.

Would it be correct to assume that "ADB" in this case is a typing error? The adapter needed would be USB-to-serial (with a MiniDIN-8 port). Apple Desktop Bus (ADB) is something else (for keyboards and mice, with a MiniDIN-4 connector). Which adapter make and model is it?

StyleWriter 2500 On my eMac 10.5 Leopard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.