Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

From which model of Mac pro FCP X it's available?

I have already the FCP X in one of my 2010 IMacs but I need a Mac pro for traveling and editing purposes. Not the latest one. The first one capable to work with FCP X. In what year or model of Mac pro start the capability to download and use FCP X ?. Already tried in my iMac 2008 and it didn't work. Thanks.

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), Imac 2008,Core 2 Duo, 4GB, 64bit,

Posted on Oct 21, 2015 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2015 9:44 AM

Did you mean to ask about MacBook Pros? In other words, are you looking for a laptop model?

Russ

5 replies

Oct 21, 2015 7:31 AM in response to Nippur401

You can easily compare the minimum system specs to what you want to buy on the used market or from Apple's refurbished store. There are many used Macintosh books and desktops in the world, no matter where you are located.

From the Apple marketing pages for FCPX (Be conservative and shop carefully, these are just the basics; get the most RAM the largest drive, and the best graphics system you can afford) (If you're getting a MacBook, budget for a good but inconspicuous protective case, an extra charger, some peripheral cables, a backup drive, and all that other stuff that makes editing less painful on a portable):

Minimum
System Requirements
  • OS X v10.10.4 or later
  • 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended for 4K editing and 3D titles)
  • OpenCL-capable graphics card or Intel HD Graphics 3000 or later
  • 256MB of VRAM (1GB recommended for 4K editing and 3D titles)1
  • 4.15GB of disk space

Oct 21, 2015 10:43 AM in response to Nippur401

Nippur401 wrote:

I have already FCP X. What I need to know it's what's the first model of Mac Pro that accept FCP X.

I have already the FCP X in one of my 2010 IMacs but I need a Mac pro for traveling and editing purposes. Not the latest one. The first one capable to work with FCP X. In what year or model of Mac pro start the capability to download and use FCP X ?. Already tried in my iMac 2008 and it didn't work. Thanks.

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), Imac 2008,Core 2 Duo, 4GB, 64bit,

Yes, we figured out that you have FCPX, thank you. What we don't know is why you want a Mac Pro for editing while traveling. Although, actually, that's a good idea; the old giant aluminum box or the new cylinder, along with two monitor, good speakers and a comfy chair, are much more fun to edit with than a wee laptop.

Find the machine you want to pay for and then look up its specifications (easily found via google) and compare them against the minimum specs for FCPX

From which model of Mac pro FCP X it's available?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.