Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot argument option agc=3

Hi,

i want to ask if anybody knows what is the meaning of the boot-argument "agc=3"(and maybe values like 1 and 2 too). My 15" late 2011 macbook pro is booting in verbose mode after they change the logic board at the apple store because of gpu-problems. The boot-args in nvram are "-v debug=0xd46 _panicd_ip=1.2.3.4 kdp_match_name=firewire agc=3".

Thank you!

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 21, 2015 6:44 AM

4 replies

Oct 22, 2015 6:12 AM in response to Linc Davis

thank you for your answer. I forgot to say that i already know how to reset the NVRAM or to remove the boot-args (sudo nvram boot-args=""). I just want to know what is the use for the "agc=3" argument. It maybe has something to do with AppleGraphicsControl. I know what the other arguments are for ("debug=0xd46", "_panicd_ip=1.2.3.4" and "kdp_match_name"), but i didn't find any information about "agc".

Thank you again!

Oct 22, 2015 8:28 AM in response to Camipower

Do you use Lightroom 6 ??

If so: In Lightroom 6 -> Preferences-> Performance tab: you can set to use only the highest performance graphics:

switch that settings and check if that changes anything in ags=

Note: do not set that LTR setting indiscriminately: the two graphics in your MBP have different speeds, but most of the time also different "own" memory: you may want to choose the one with the most memory: if that is the built in graphics, uncheck the setting, otherwise you may want to set the other one, check in "learn more" which graphics are not supported for this setting: "system Info gives you the data (selection from SystemInformation).

Lex

Boot argument option agc=3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.