Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.1.3.6 Rearranges iPad Apps When Synced

Running iTunes 12.1.3.6 (32-bit version) on Windows Vista 32-bit PC.

Running iOS 9.0.2 on iPad Mini (1st generation, non-retina).

Problem: When I sync the iPad Mini, the apps that are in FOLDERS get rearranged.

Details: With iOS 9.0.2, folders on the iPad Mini can hold 16 apps (4 per column X 4 per row). However, iTunes 12.1.3.6 still displays only 9 apps in a folder in the old format (3 per column X 3 per row). When I sync, the apps on the iPad Mini get rearranged to only 9 apps per folder. For example: there are 16 apps on the iPad in one "Utilities" folder. After I sync, the one iPad "Utilities" folder gets rearranged to look like iTunes with two folders: one with the first 9 appsand another with the remaining 7 apps.

iPad Mini, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 21, 2015 9:44 AM

6 replies

Oct 22, 2015 8:46 AM in response to Marty-TX

Hello Marty-TX, I also have 32-bit Vista, but no iOS 9 device with which to confirm your issue, so consider this a friendly bump. I have read your post at MobileRead Forums and disagree with the suggestion that this is a 32-bit vs. 64-bit issue. It is more likely a 12.1.3 vs. 12.3.1 issue. You could send feedback directly to Apple but it would probably be a waste of time. Apple officially ended support for Vista with the release of 12.2.0 on June 30. There have now been five consecutive versions that cannot be installed on Vista (not to mention all the earlier versions that produced appcrash and BEX errors on Vista). The version you are now running is most likely the final exception to the rule, and yet it might be premature to say that Windows 10 is better supported by Apple than Vista, judging by the many issues that Windows 10 users have reported. Probably the best platform for supporting Apple devices is a Macintosh. BTW iOS 9.1 is now available, so you could update your iPad Mini if you dare.

Oct 22, 2015 11:32 AM in response to Marvin Martianul

Hi Marvin,

"BTW iOS 9.1 is now available, so you could update your iPad Mini if you dare."

I'll probably dare one of these days, after the dust starts to settle. 😉

My fallback position would be to use my wife's Windows-8 laptop for iTunes syncing, but I prefer knocking around on my good old Vista desktop.

I've "lowered the bar" on my Microsoft and Apple expectations over the years. I can live with the little gremlins as long as they don't show themselves too often.

Take care and thanks for the friendly bump ...

Marty

iTunes 12.1.3.6 Rearranges iPad Apps When Synced

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.