Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are there Password Options for Clumsy Users?

I have coordination problems, so I have trouble typing.

I usually edit what I have typed, but with password fields, for security reasons, I can't see what I have typed. So I never really know if I've mis-typed the right password, or if my notes are wrong and I've typed the wrong password, or if some system has chopped off the end of the password, switched out unusual characters in the password, etc. I can't send mail right now.

I know there's supposed to be a keychain tool, but I'm not familiar with it, what it does, how it works, and so on.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 21, 2015 10:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2016 12:02 PM

Type the password in Notes then cut and paste into the Password field.

4 replies

Apr 12, 2016 12:06 PM in response to OneSwitchGuy

A bit awkward, but an option. I use textedit rather than notes, and keep a list of passwords in another app.

I take it iCloud Keychain would simply allow me to use one short password to unlock all the longer passwords...?

I assume that 1Password would also allow me to use one short password to unlock all the longer passwords...? But that site's really unreadable and has no reader view.

Are there Password Options for Clumsy Users?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.