Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't open any iCloud documents on mac

Hi.

About a week ago, I moved about 10GB of my working documents onto iCloud from Google Drive. All was fine for a while.

Today, I can't open any document into any program. I get a pop up error that says "The document “(null)” could not be opened."

I was able to download what I needed from iCloud.com, so the documents are there.

How do I fix this and keep it from happening again?

Saul

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Oct 21, 2015 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 1:22 AM

Read somewhere that in order to get access to iCloud stored material that is inaccessible, one must first to Empty Trash!?!

In my case, that worked.

APPLE, PLEASE ADD AN ICON OR NOTE WITH THIS INFO ON THE ICLOUD WINDOW AS A REMINDER. THANKS.

32 replies

Jan 3, 2018 2:11 AM in response to siisaul

I have the same issue- been in contact with apple help. We've tried everything. Even tried creating a new admin log in and re-sync iCloud. Still not working. Restarting does nothing. Most ******* annoying. The only thing this has done is waste my time. I think i'm going to migrate back to a Dropbox subscription. Never had issues like this with dropbox.

Can't open any iCloud documents on mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.