Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari save password every time prompt

Safari keep asking me if i want to save my password for the same site over and over every time i log on even though i click yes and it won't let me bypass it until i click yes or no, how do I make it it stop prompting me but still save my password?

Posted on Oct 21, 2015 2:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2015 2:41 PM

Delete the keychain associated with that website. It may be corrupted.

Go to Safari > Preferences > Passwords. Find and delete the website in the list.

Now open Keychain Access located in HD > Applications > Utilities

Select Passwords on the left.

Now type the name of that website in the search field top right corner of the Keychain Access Window.

Then right or control click the idmsa.apple keychain then click Delete.

Quit and relaunch Safari then go to Safari > Preferences > Passwords and make sure AutoFill user names and passwords is selected

Now go to that website and enter your login data. You should be prompted to save that data to a new keychain.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2015 2:41 PM in response to ssc227

Delete the keychain associated with that website. It may be corrupted.

Go to Safari > Preferences > Passwords. Find and delete the website in the list.

Now open Keychain Access located in HD > Applications > Utilities

Select Passwords on the left.

Now type the name of that website in the search field top right corner of the Keychain Access Window.

Then right or control click the idmsa.apple keychain then click Delete.

Quit and relaunch Safari then go to Safari > Preferences > Passwords and make sure AutoFill user names and passwords is selected

Now go to that website and enter your login data. You should be prompted to save that data to a new keychain.

Nov 25, 2015 1:40 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

I had the same problem. For some reason, a few days ago Safari started asking me if I wanted to save the password for one of my financial sites that I typically access on a daily basis. Despite clicking Save, I kept getting the prompt every single time I logged in (even though the password was saved and auto-entered in the password field, as usual). Today I found your fix and it worked. One slight difference: I only deleted the problem site in Password Preferences--couldn't find it in Keychain Access, so couldn't delete the idmsa.apple keychain. But that didn't seem to matter: when I accessed the financial site again and entered my password, I clicked Save Password at the prompt, then logged on and off several times to test--and am very happy to report there have been no further annoying prompts. Safari saved it and quit bothering me about it.

Thank you SO MUCH!! 🙂

safari save password every time prompt

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.