Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Essential.pkg - el capitan installation error

Hello all,

ive got a problem with my mba (2013 late). Today i decided to install el capitan from osx yosemite.

Every time when i try to instal new osx it shows me error while extracting essential.pkg,

i dont have 3rd party RAMs, and already did diagnostic (all was ok), reseted PROM, deleted whole hdd ( guid and osx journal).

went back to lion and tryied it again but i got still same error.

can someone help me?

sorry for my english

MacBook Air, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Oct 21, 2015 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2015 11:00 PM

If possible, set the system clock as instructed here. If you can only start up in Recovery mode, see below.

Select Get Help Online. Safari will launch. While in Recovery, you'll have no access to your bookmarks, but you won't need them. Load this web page.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below to select it:

date 0801000014

Copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C.

Quit Safari. You'll be returned to the OS X Utilities screen.

Select

Utilities Terminal

from the menu bar. A Terminal window will open. Paste into the window by pressing the key combination command-V.

Wait for a new line ending in a dollar sign ($) to appear below what you entered. If it doesn't appear, press return.

Quit Terminal to return to the main screen. Try the installation again.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2015 11:00 PM in response to SukyCZ

If possible, set the system clock as instructed here. If you can only start up in Recovery mode, see below.

Select Get Help Online. Safari will launch. While in Recovery, you'll have no access to your bookmarks, but you won't need them. Load this web page.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below to select it:

date 0801000014

Copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C.

Quit Safari. You'll be returned to the OS X Utilities screen.

Select

Utilities Terminal

from the menu bar. A Terminal window will open. Paste into the window by pressing the key combination command-V.

Wait for a new line ending in a dollar sign ($) to appear below what you entered. If it doesn't appear, press return.

Quit Terminal to return to the main screen. Try the installation again.

Essential.pkg - el capitan installation error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.