Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installed update 11.10.1 and my laptop does not boot

Hello

I was updating the El Capitan 10.11.1. After the update was over a folder with a question mark came up. I waited but nothing happened. So then i manually shut it down by pressing the power button and started it again and pressed cmd + r to enter in recovery mode. But the globe sign came up with a exclamation mark. Below it showed "apple.com/support error 3001F ". I dont know what to do now. Please help.

Thanks in advance

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), During the update

Posted on Oct 21, 2015 3:18 PM

9 replies

Oct 21, 2015 6:09 PM in response to djmaster97

Try resetting NVRAM (which is probably in one of the links Eric posted).

If your Mac goes to Internet Recovery (indicated by the Globe) when you only hold down cmd-R (not cmd-opt-R), then the Recovery partition is damage, and perhaps the whole drive.

The error you got in Internet Recovery normally means there are connectivity problems between you and Apple's servers. Make sure your Router is set up as indicated in this article:OS X: About OS X Recovery - Apple Support

You can also try restarting your Modem and Router.

Oct 23, 2015 4:34 PM in response to kingapp

If you are still under warranty, go to Apple. Otherwise, Time Machine back to Yosemite and turn off auto updates in App Store. I tried every suggestion found here in the forums without going into Terminal (hey, I know my limits and abilities...I don't mess with code).

Apple really dropped the ball on this one.

Installed update 11.10.1 and my laptop does not boot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.