Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to turn on an iPod touch after it has totally run out of power?

So I noticed my iPod Touch 5G needed to be charged because it showed me the screen of 5% battery left. So I plugged it in but the screen was flashing saying that it is plugged in and not plugged in. I came back 20 minutes later to find that it isn't flashing but instead totally out of power. Also I don't know why but my iPod is very selective in which position in which it can charge so it is impossible to know if it will charge. Please Help.

iPod touch, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 21, 2015 5:06 PM

1 reply

Oct 22, 2015 1:45 AM in response to Support498

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

and

Not Charge

- See:

iPod touch: Hardware troubleshooting

iPhone and iPod touch: Charging the battery

If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

- Try another cable. The cable for 5G or later iPod (lightning connector) seems to be more prone to failure than the older cable.

- If a 5G ot later iPod

Iphone 5 lightning port charging problem - SOLUTION!

- Try another charging source

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Is it possible to turn on an iPod touch after it has totally run out of power?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.