Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 9.1 Messages not in order

Ever since I went to IOS 9.1 beta 5 till the public version, my iPhone 5c has been having trouble with messages. It never receives messages in order. It can be 10:30am and me and my friend are texting each other 1-3 messages and I can only recieve 2 of them and I reply back and I end up getting is 3rd message that says it was sent to me at 10:30am but it's 10:37 for example. i thought once the public version of IOS 9.1 is released it will get resolved which today it has been released and I've been having th same problem. This only happens to my iPhone and not my iPad mini 2. My iPad mini seems to work fine with messages.

iPhone 5c, iOS 9.1

Posted on Oct 21, 2015 8:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2015 8:55 PM

I updated to iOS 9.1 this morning, however, the text issue has been happening for at least 3 weeks now. Basically, I can send a text or a video message and it will look as though it has gone through, but then I either get no delivery stamp or it says delivered, but when I go back into the message later, either it has disappeared completely or, as I discovered today, it has moved to way earlier in the day. By several hours.

This is UNSAT! And it doesn't appear to be very wide spread.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2015 8:55 PM in response to FrizzyZinKz

I updated to iOS 9.1 this morning, however, the text issue has been happening for at least 3 weeks now. Basically, I can send a text or a video message and it will look as though it has gone through, but then I either get no delivery stamp or it says delivered, but when I go back into the message later, either it has disappeared completely or, as I discovered today, it has moved to way earlier in the day. By several hours.

This is UNSAT! And it doesn't appear to be very wide spread.

Oct 22, 2015 9:02 PM in response to scarredxsoul

Oh I also forgot to mention that. It happens to me too, it either says it's been delivered which in reality it has not, the reciever says it never got the picture Or it simply says sent as a text message which still has the same effect. Apple needs to prioritize this bug and fix it in the next version of IOS. I would kinda disagree on that, one or my friends also has the same issue and he has an iPhone 6 on 9.0.2. So I'm guessing this but has been around for a while, with some users effected.

Oct 27, 2015 9:04 PM in response to FrizzyZinKz

IM having a slightly different, though related issue. For work, I am a part of several different Group messages. Some messages I get. But then I'll need to restart my phone and I get 20-30 new messages in the groups as soon as it comes back on. And they are out of order, though they are time stamped correctly. Example: I had a conversation I was having with the other managers in my area. I sent a photo, we discussed it. I then restarted my phone. When I turned it back on, I received 27 new messages in that group that I had not seen before. Though they showed up at the bottom of the conversations like new messages normally do, they were time stamped for earlier in the day, some were even from several days ago. This has happened twice now and only since the update.

IOS 9.1 Messages not in order

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.