Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6+; iOS 9.1; TP Link TL841N router: Experiencing slow wifi since morning

Hello I m in India. my phone was working fine and I think was running 9.0.2. However in the morning i noticed the following issues.

• Wifi on my phone (iPhone 6 +) is extremely slow. Some sites open but some dont. Most times, nothing opens at all.
  • Other devices like 2 macs, 2 ipads, and one iphone 5 run fine on the same wifi network.
  • I use Whatsapp and they have a web based desktop client. But the client requires the phone and the mac to be on the same Wifi. So if for ex: the phones Wifi is off, the client on mac shows that it cannot connect to the phone (yellow pop-up). Now i have noticed that the iphone may be dropping the connection, since this pop up comes and goes.

Here are the things I have tried so far.

• Reset network settings.
  • Rebooted phone, wifi, both
  • toggled airport mode.
  • turned of the wifi networking services under system service in privacy section of the settings.
  • Updated to 9.1. Doesnt help.
  • Interestingly, the 9.1 was downloaded OTA on the phone using the same wifi!
  • Used Google Chrome browser. My subjective opinion is that it opens more sites but I could be wrong.

I have the following questions

• Why all of a sudden? If i could use it all night and all the months before that then why today.
  • Is there any fix for this? I see that many people have reported the same problem many times over. I m surprised why this isnt being fixed.
  • Is it a phone issue? I personally dont think so but would love to hear experiences of others.

What I havent tried is to connect to another network or wifi. IF it does connect and I can browse without any issue, that may mean that the router for some reason has compatibility issues with the phone.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.1, TP Link 841N 300 Mbps router.

Posted on Oct 22, 2015 12:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2015 2:41 AM

So it seems that the problem is fixed

1. i reset the router to factory settings
  2. changed the WLAN broadcast name. ( the name that shows on the Wifi list)
  3. reset network settings on my iphone.
  4. restarted the phone.
  5. connected to the wifi.

Seems to be working fine now. Weird but true.

2 replies

Nov 28, 2015 10:55 AM in response to spankincubus

Does your wifi connection problem come back? I have the exact problems - all my devices can connect to my home wifi network for the exception of my iphone 6 plus. I tried every possible solutions I could find online but it didn't help (I should say it worked for a short period of time and then the problem comes back). The only way I could connect to my wifi network is to have airplane mode on then wifi on. I don't think this is the "normal" way to get connected to my wifi.

iPhone 6+; iOS 9.1; TP Link TL841N router: Experiencing slow wifi since morning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.