Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

KeyChain Login - Allow not possible - Office 2016 - 10.11.1

Hello,

Big Keychain issue:

MS Office 2016 stores a key within the keychain "login" when you activate Office 365 via MS Word.

Starting Outlook 2016 tries to use the key but clicking "Allow" or "Always allow" has no effect, you have to click "Don´t Allow" 3x to proceed.

Open Key Chain and give access to everyone can't be saved with the same problem. Enter correct password and click "Allow" does not work.

Testet with OS X 10.11.1 and the latest MS Office 2016 15.15

Apple has to fix this soon!

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), Keychain

Posted on Oct 22, 2015 7:25 AM

5 replies

Nov 13, 2015 2:59 AM in response to Charly B.

Have this issue too: cannot open the Office apps. They keep asking to access Keychain. "Allow" and "Always allow" buttons do not work. Only "deny", after clicking several times.

Seems that in the Keychain login at installing the Suite, only 1 Office application (eg Word) is allowed. Tried adding the other applications in the Keychain, but then Keychain asks me for a password, that I do not have.

Als tried removing the whole suite, as per Microsoft's suggestions (including Library entries), and reinstalling. Also no use.

APPLE & MICROSOFT - PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE!!!!

Nov 17, 2015 5:56 AM in response to Charly B.

After fiddling with this issue for quite some time I found a solution that worked for me:

-Restart the Mac in Safe mode (keep Shift button pressed after the apple sound comes on)

-Then try and open each Office 2016 application

-When that annoying Dialog comes on, Click "Always allow" (somehow in Safe mode this button works!!)

-Restart the Mac normally and voila, Office works.

Hope this works for others too!

Nov 18, 2015 12:15 PM in response to Charly B.

Safe-mode will work, but if you know of any applications that are running to intercept user-input, try quitting those applications to allow the requests. You may need to ForceQuit and restart the office app after stopping the other apps.

Example Apps:

MagicPrefs

Hazel

AppleRemote Desktop (Remote mode)

Bomgar (Remote Support Mode)

TeamViewer (Remote Control Mode)

KeyChain Login - Allow not possible - Office 2016 - 10.11.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.