Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charging iPhone 6s

I charge my iPhone 6s Plus over night.

3-4 hours before I go to bed, I have my battery at 15-20%, currently 24%. Is it okay to charge a bit, for example from 20% to 35% and then unplug and put it back when I go to sleep? How does it affect my battery life?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 22, 2015 11:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2015 11:28 AM

It will not hurt it at all. Just plug the phone in and charge when you can. The device cannot overcharge if you reach 100%, it knows to shut itself off.

20 replies

Nov 30, 2015 9:19 AM in response to tomasmouton

tomasmouton wrote:

"The device cannot overcharge if you reach 100%, it knows to shut itself off." I got it.

But will it hurt the battery life if I charge, for example, from 50% to 70% and unplug? Should I always charge until 100%?

Or, make it simpler: Can I charge whenever I want and for no specific time?

Thanks

Tomas

No it will not hurt, you can unplug and plug to charge whenever you have the opportunity if you like. You do not need to always charge to 100%. Do as you want, when you want, and it will not affect the battery.

Nov 30, 2015 9:29 AM in response to tomasmouton

Most of the papers regarding battery charging have been linked to the old style rechargeable batteries. The newer lithium ion batteries now do not suffer from memory as the older nickel batteries did. They do have full charging cycles, but that information has to do with full cycles. You can read up on that if you like. I don't have any specific links, but this link from Apple might help you. http://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/

Charging iPhone 6s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.