Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problem searching contacts iPhone 6s IOS 9.1

Hello,

I recently upgraded from my iPhone 6 to an iPhone 6S, and in the process, also updated to IOS 9.1. Now I am having a problem where when I go into my Contacts and Search, I get "No Results" on everything. However, if I go the home screen and swipe to get to the Spotlight search, the search for contacts works fine. I am syncing contacts with Yahoo and Exchange, and both services are updating fine. I tried turning off the Contacts, rebooted, and turned Contacts back on, but still no search functionality in Contacts.

Any thought/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.1, null

Posted on Oct 22, 2015 12:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2015 1:07 PM

Never mind, figured it out.

Went into Contacts, then Groups and unchecked the All contacts, and then rechecked it, this seemed to trigger something that got the search function working again.

30 replies

Oct 26, 2015 7:45 AM in response to kkp315

Same problem at iPhone 5s with IOS 9.1

When go to contacts and try to search for a name, I get the "No Results" answer. If I go to "Groups" and say "OK" (without changing anything in there), and then I write the name, the search works.

This is a quite anoying bug.

Last Friday I have updated the software for IOS 9.1, and a friend was facing problems with the sync of the contacs, so I have created a contact at exchange account at my computer for test, it showed up in the phone, then I have deleted it from the computer but it does not disapear at the iphone.

Too much bugs for me!.....

Oct 28, 2015 1:17 PM in response to kkp315

Hi. I had same problem with contacts. This is what I did, and now contacts are working perfect--. Basic: I have my contacts sync with Icloud.

Then, I deleted all contacts on my Iphone, (Settings, I cloud, contacts and move the slider to remove them) Turned off my Ipohne. On my Pc, went to icloud, then created a new group, I called it "Family" and moved my family contacts into this group. Then i went to my Iphone, turned it on, went to Icloud setting and moved the slider to right in order I can acces and sync my contacts from Icloud. You will can notice now in the "contact" of my Iphone, that I have the word "Groups".(left corner up in the window contacts) that wasn´t before and after upgrade to Ios 9.1. Now, be patient since the update of your contacts will take some time. After that process, I didn't uncheck or delete the "family group" I previous created. Now my Iphone is working perfect with contacts. All of them showed up, and no problem. Hoppe this works for you. Regards. (Sorry my English 😁) I have an Iphone 5s, and a Iphone 6, for your info.

Oct 29, 2015 7:55 AM in response to Danndee82

Try this: Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Contacts>Short Name> Turn OFF both 'Short Name' & 'Prefer Nicknames' then CHECK if Spotlight works and if it does you can go back the same route and Turn 'Short Name' & 'Nicknames' ON again' and Spotlight will still work fine. It's strange but that's how it is.

This worked for me.

problem searching contacts iPhone 6s IOS 9.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.