Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s Plus long charging time.

I have noticed that it has been taking nearly 2-3 hours to fully charge my iPhone 6s Plus from >5%. The battery has been lasting around 48 hours on charge so it should be in good condition. I was wondering if anybody was experiencing as long of charging times as I am or if it is normal with the larger battery. Even when I power the device off or turn it to airplane mode, it still takes a shocking amount of time to charge. Is there any way to fix this? (Upgraded from iPhone 5)

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.1, About 1 week new

Posted on Oct 22, 2015 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2015 5:27 PM

You didn't tell us how you're charging your phone...is it via a USB port on your computer, or from a wall charger?

8 replies

Nov 9, 2015 2:19 AM in response to charliemacris

Hi I have same problem with my2 iPhone 6s plus ; bought the originals one on 8 October as battery on both taking 4 hours and half to recharge regardless using I pad charger ; iPhone original charger or computer ; closing all apps or putting it on air mode; seen by apple geniuses bar ; guy told me be happy with your 1379x 2 $ iPhone and batteries on both are healthy; contacted apple care passing through 12 people to finalise the replacement ; got replacement and still having same problem ; getting 4hours 15 mint on any charger on Wi-Fi mode and getting 4 hours on any charger on air mode

getting sick of charging as use to have iPhone 5 only in 100 minutes fully recharge now on my new iPhones 6 s plus every 1% takes almost 3 minutes 30 sec by average .

is any one out there can help or apple policy is just selling product and making profit

Nov 25, 2015 8:24 PM in response to shiriin

You must remember that number 1, iPhone 6s Plus has more features built in which requires more power to keep going. 2, the battery is double the capacity of iPhone 5 or possibly slightly more than that. So thus the super long charge. Since apple included fast charging in the new iPhones including the predecessors or the iPhone 6s and 6s plus, why not make use of it? To be honest I am also having a bit of trouble with it. 22% to 99% in 2 hours plus.

iPhone 6s Plus long charging time.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.