Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

google/nik under El Capitan

Does anyone know whether the Google/Nik collection plugins work with Aperture 3 under OSX El Capitan ?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2009), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 22, 2015 9:45 PM

6 replies

Oct 28, 2015 3:40 AM in response to swilldi

They don't work. I emailed Nik/Google this week and they replied withthis>

At this time, the Nik Collection is not yet compatible with the new operating system, Mac OSX 10.11 El Capitan. Now that it has been released however, our team is working quickly to identify and resolve any compatibility issues that may be present. If we determine that an update is required, an auto-update will be pushed out, automatically and free of charge, to machines that already have the Nik Collection installed. We will also send you a follow-up email to notify you that an update has been released.

They added:

should you decide to use the Nik Collection on El Capitan before we have updated our compatibility page, please let us know if you encounter any issues. We may not have a resolution for the new operating system immediately, but we can share the information with our engineering team for further testing.

Nik/Google had plenty of time during the beta testing of 10.11 to work on compatibility for the plugins. I do hope they come up with the fully compatible set as soon as possible.

Nov 30, 2015 11:39 PM in response to swilldi

Google Nik Collection is still not fully working under El Capitan.

It does not work when using Nik Collection as a plug-in for Photoshop Elements, which is how I normally use it (and which works fine under Yosemite). The Nik Collection opens and then freezes, nothing responds and the only thing to do is press the red Close Window button to get back to Photoshop.

However it does work as a standalone. So if you have installed El Capitan and find that the Nik Collection (such as Silver Efex etc) is no longer working for you, try using it standalone until an update appears.

There have been no updates to the Nik Collection since July, so I guess they are still working on the update.

google/nik under El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.