Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I know I'm not alone. "Experiencing tech. diff." while submitting podcast feed

Hello,

Here is the URL of my feed:

http://www.bddscifi.com/?feed=podcast

I've validated it using a few different validators. I cannot figure out why I'm getting the dreaded "We are experiencing technical difficulties" when submitting to the iTunes store. Any ideas,fellows?

Thanks for any help.

Posted on Oct 23, 2015 12:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2015 12:24 AM

The feed appears to be OK. The error message you would get if there were a problem with the feed would be different: this one usually means that there is a problem at the Store end. (It was being a bit flaky over updating existing podcasts over the last day or two, and odd technical problems aren't unusual.) I should give it a day or two and try again - it will probably get sorted out eventually.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2015 12:24 AM in response to CuriousGeo22

The feed appears to be OK. The error message you would get if there were a problem with the feed would be different: this one usually means that there is a problem at the Store end. (It was being a bit flaky over updating existing podcasts over the last day or two, and odd technical problems aren't unusual.) I should give it a day or two and try again - it will probably get sorted out eventually.

Oct 23, 2015 3:20 PM in response to RetiremeASAP

That's normal. When you submit a feed the system carried out a few basic checks - making sure that there is a playable media file in the top episode, for example - and then the feed has to be checked by humans to make sure you don't have any unacceptable content. How long this takes depends on how busy they are and so how long the queue is - it can often take a couple of weeks, occasionally more, it's just a question of luck.

'Unacceptable content' includes strong or sexual language when the 'itunes:explicit' tag is not set to 'yes', strong or sexual language in the title, subtitle or summary however that tag is set, racial or homophobic abuse, sexual content of the sort that can get you arrested, depiction of illegal drugs, or violence, misuse of trademarks (particularly Apple's, including the terms 'iTunes' or 'Apple Inc'), use of uncleared copyright material (i.e. music 'mixes' from commercially issued CDs) and password protecting your feed or episodes.

As I'm sure you would never do any such things you will hopefully be good to go.

I know I'm not alone. "Experiencing tech. diff." while submitting podcast feed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.