Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone "Phone App" unusable after iOS update - iPhone 6

After upgrading my phone's iOS to 9.1 I am now unable to use my phone app.

I press the app to make a call, it opens, freezes, then crashes.

Things I have tried:

1. Turn On and Off - Nothing

2. Hard Reset - Nothing

What works:

1. Factory Reset - If i clean wipe my phone, then the app is usable again BUT when I sync back my data from iCloud, the same problem occurs.

Has anyone solved this problem without having to reset and not use iCloud?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Posted on Oct 23, 2015 1:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2015 11:09 PM

I have now resolved this problem:

Settings -> General -> Reset -> RESET ALL SETTINGS

Phone is usable now.

Hope this helps anyone having this problem.

10 replies

Nov 9, 2015 3:27 PM in response to Tolentino.p

I was having the same problem with the phone app after 9.1 installation. phone functions deteriorated over a few days (static, echo, crash, unresponsive key pad, etc) until the phone app became completely unusable. Genius Bar helper recommended "reset all settings". I did so and phone resumed functionality. Now, ~5 days later, the same symptoms are coming back - sporadically works and doesn't work. Anyone solve this problem over an extended period (more than a few days)?

Nov 3, 2016 6:45 AM in response to Tolentino.p

Hello

I have the same problem with the phone app but it will freeze when trying to find a different contact. Usually happens after the app has been open for a long period of time. It also started right after the update. I just installed the latest update and it didn't help at all. I would highly recommend don't install updates unless you have a real problem. I am not impressed with the I phone 6. My I phone 4 lasted 3 years and resold fast.

Guess I will limp along until I can dump this phone and switch to another company.

Also by the way... The tiny little switch to shut off the sounds on the phone doesn't work. Went into Apple and they said it was broke. Then they proceeded to say I would have to replace the phone they couldn't fix a tiny switch! Not at all happy.

iPhone "Phone App" unusable after iOS update - iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.