Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 9.1 stay away!

9.1 introduces a host of additional operating problems into the OS. Please don't update until 9.2.

Screens overlap and are transparent. Touch doesn't work consistently. It appears many apps are incompatible.

Good liuck.

Posted on Oct 23, 2015 6:10 AM

32 replies

Oct 23, 2015 8:03 AM in response to pkincy

I agree - I am ready to throw my phone out! I have to reboot it NO LESS than 10 times a day because it locks up and the screen freezes. Touch an app, does nothing, Trying to slide it up to close it - nothing. Can't even turn it off because can't slide it off. Reboot, SOMETIMES it fixes the problem for about 10 minutes. Ridiculous! And if you have had success in trying something to fix yours, please share because I have found NOTHING.

Oct 23, 2015 5:56 PM in response to Richard Mac User

At this point mine is more an annoyance rather than a bricked phone, so I am simply waiting patiently for ver 9.2. The complaints seem numerous enough that I trust Apple to get a fix out quickly. My main problems are bleed throughs on screens and a rather insensitive touch screen. Again annoying but not a deal killer. I continue to think it prudent for those that haven't upgraded to hold off until 9.2 or 9.1.1 is out.

Oct 23, 2015 6:01 PM in response to pkincy

There's no guarantee that 9.2 will fix your problem, because it is a problem with YOUR PHONE, not with 9.1. I've installed 9.1 on 2 iPhones and 2 iPads, and I have no problems with any of the 4 devices. It's possible your system software is corrupted, so the best thing to do is to restore iOS using iTunes on your computer, to get a clean copy installed. That will be much better than waiting several months for the next version, then finding out it hasn't solved your problems.

Oct 29, 2015 3:42 PM in response to pkincy

updated my iPhone and iPad to iOS 9.1 and both freeze regularly.

sometimes there is no sound when playing music and battery drains pretty bad.

last night I charged my phone to 98% before unplugging it and going to bed.

woke up and there was 0% charge. apps, Bluetooth and wifi were not on.

trying to downgrade to iOS 9.

ive never had issues until this **** update:/

Oct 30, 2015 12:53 AM in response to uqxkkg

This is just the issue with your iPhone. Not with iOS. 9.1 works great on my iPhone 5s.

Try to reset your device. This won't delete your data stored on this device.

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

Alternatively, you may go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201559

If this does not help, restore your device to factory settings. Note that this will erase the data from your device.

Take a look this Apple Support article: Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support.

Nov 6, 2015 6:51 PM in response to thunderzzz

THIS IS NOT A PHONE ISSUE!

I am currently at the apple store. Additional Problems: Since updating to 9.1 I can't update/download any apps, apple music no longer works at all or allows me to view my Apple ID from the options in the app, GameCenter and any apps that require it no longer work, they freeze upon opening and crash, can't open email links, intermittent issues with cellular data, touch ID will not work, the list goes on...

tried: soft reset, hard reset, restore (through phone settings and iTunes), restore from iCloud, setup as new, heres the big one - REPLACED THE PHONE at apple's genius bar with another 9.1 iPhone 6. called express lane and have a very confused senior tech support guy on the phone who has no clue what is happening.

all attempts to fix, including replacing the phone, have failed and I'm still having issues. Now, I'm upgrading my new phone to iOS 9.2 beta to see if that helps, I'll report back.

[[edit: a word]]

Nov 8, 2015 10:26 PM in response to Csound1

So what you are saying is that despite having my phone replaced and still having the same exact issues, and the fact that logging in with my wife's Apple ID after a restore solves all the issues, it's still a phone problem? I log in on her phone, boom, all problems appear. Restore, log in with her ID, problems gone. Definitely a phone problem for sure.

Nov 8, 2015 10:39 PM in response to wdmcdonough

wdmcdonough wrote:

So what you are saying is that despite having my phone replaced and still having the same exact issues, and the fact that logging in with my wife's Apple ID after a restore solves all the issues, it's still a phone problem? I log in on her phone, boom, all problems appear. Restore, log in with her ID, problems gone. Definitely a phone problem for sure.

Well I'll just let you go along with your diagnosis, good luck.

ios 9.1 stay away!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.