Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync Apple Watch with MyFitnessPal

I just purchased my watch yesterday and everything is working well with one exception. My watch is tracking my steps and syncing with MFP but that is the only exercise that is syncing. I set a workout goal (Indoor Cycle) on my watch this morning to burn 250 calories on the bike at the gym and while it does show up in my activity app and workout app, its not being synced with MFP. Is there a way to sync so it will count toward my calorie count in MFP or do I have to enter this exercise manually? If I have to enter it manually, then I don't have much use for the watch and should probably revert back to my fitbit.

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch, iOS 9.1

Posted on Oct 23, 2015 8:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2017 11:39 PM

I am having this same issue.

Activity shows on my Activity app, and Health. My steps calorie adjustment from the Apple Watch sync with MyFitnessPal, but what doesn’t sync ever is my workout conducted in the Activity app on my watch. Hope that makes sense.

I’ve tried uninstalling, recalibration, made sure all the accesses are turned on etc.

The strange thing is despite all that I still get this whenever logging into MFP, so it clearly isn’t registering ...

User uploaded file

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2017 11:39 PM in response to Wraven

I am having this same issue.

Activity shows on my Activity app, and Health. My steps calorie adjustment from the Apple Watch sync with MyFitnessPal, but what doesn’t sync ever is my workout conducted in the Activity app on my watch. Hope that makes sense.

I’ve tried uninstalling, recalibration, made sure all the accesses are turned on etc.

The strange thing is despite all that I still get this whenever logging into MFP, so it clearly isn’t registering ...

User uploaded file

Jun 7, 2017 10:57 AM in response to draftnjohn

This just happened to me. I had "finished/stopped" the workout, so it showed up in my Activity app – but I hadn't yet "Saved" the workout on my watch, so it hadn't synced over to myfitnesspal app yet.

Another little weird thing that I've learned about the Apple Watch

that puzzled me for a bit is that you can't power it off while it's charging.

Cheers!

Aug 30, 2017 2:52 PM in response to sterno74

Hi Sterno,

I'm not seeing the Workout/Exercise sync even once I've saved it from my watch. I am having to manually enter it as an exercise in MFP. I've allowed all the read/write options yet still no joy.

To confirm, the workout does appear in Health app, but doesn't push to MFP.

In MFP, it's not clear to me if the Health App is connected or not (pic attached).

Also, with noting that the workout is logged as "other" from my watch. Does this have any effect?

Many thanks,

KenzilUser uploaded file

User uploaded file

Nov 3, 2017 11:58 AM in response to draftnjohn

FYI I had this issue recently. Uninstalling the MyFitnessPal app and reinstalling it, then allowing location and motion + fitness data access fixed the issue. You don't lose any of the app data (even though it warns you that you will when you uninstall that you will), because all of the data is saved to the UA servers.

Sync Apple Watch with MyFitnessPal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.